May 20, 2010

Hi Ho Cherry-O

Look what we found....
Yes it's a Cherry Tree....in our yard!!!!  We have lived in our house for 4 years now and this is the first year we have seen fruit on this tree.  I was soooo excited because not only do I love cherries, but love having it in my front yard for FREE!!!  So I did some research to make sure they were safe to eat and waited about a week for them to grow and turn the deep red color....

Can you see my blue bowl at the bottom???  I woke up at 6 am and decided since I was up so early I would start picking!!  I had three neighbors stop and ask if they were really cherries and one asked if she could bring her kids this weekend to pick some.  If you live in the Raleigh area feel free to come by....there are more than we could ever eat.  Ryan told me I should pick several pounds and sell them in our front yard...haha could you imagine.  It does take time to individually pick the cherries off the tree, wash and pick out the "bad ones".
I have big plans for these cherries:)  Stay tuned for what I create!  For now I will just eat them as a snack...
But we need to hurry because other creatures like cherries too....

1 comment:

  1. Um, this is simply awesome! Enjoy your free cherries - and go ahead and set up a little makeshift cherry stand!

    ReplyDelete