Jun 9, 2011

Tropical Ice Cream Cake

Ok I know I have been posting mostly dessert recipes lately...but this was so good I had to share.  It is ridiculously easy and perfect for this time of year!
Start with a cookie....shortbread, sugar cookie or maccaroon!  I used coconut macaroons.
Found these at Harris Teeter.  Then you carefully smash them and lay them on a spring foam pan.

Then use your first type of ice cream...I used raspberry sherbert first.  Using an ice cream scoop, place a layer of the ice cream on top of the crust and spread out evenly. Then place in freezer for 30 min.

Then do your next layer.  I used vanilla.  Again freeze for 30 min.
Then your final layer...I used orange sherbert.
Again freeze for 30 min-1hour and remove outside of spring foam pan.  Look at the layer goodness!!

This recipe is so versitle....you could use chocolate cookies or  brownies with mint chocolate chip and vanilla ice cream....oreo cookies with vanilla and oreo ice cream...or....well you get the idea!   It is so easy and there is zero baking!

1 comment:

  1. Seantel I can TOOOOOTALLLLY do this recipe! Thanks!!! :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete