Feb 23, 2012

Bonjour!

I am a HUGE fan of any themed event...a Birthday party, shower, or even just a simple dinner party. So we decided to have a few friends over for a French themed dinner. Not only did we learn about French culture, enjoy French music, but the food was delicious! Those Frenchies sure know how to eat! I was pretty occupied with my hosting duties and didn't take a lot of pictures of the meal, but here is what we had.

For Hor Dourves...Baked Apple Bree deliciousness and Olive Tapenade brought by the Shwedos.
We started the evening out with a French beer...yes we know the French are known for their wine, but we thought it would be fun to have a variety....don't worry we had plenty of French wine too!
After the first course we moved into the dining room.  Ryan and I did not have a dining room in our first home and still do not have a proper dining table (coming Saturday!), but enjoyed finally getting to eat in our new dining room!
For the main meal we served Coq au Vin.   We didn't think it was hard to make and I loved the fact that you could make it in advance and relax before guest arrive.   I don't have an after pic, but here it is in the making:)  


The Schmitt's brought two amazing sides (forgot to take pics!).  They brought both Mashed Butternut Squash (amazing!!) and Hericots Verts with Shallots (also amazing).
The French eat their main meal, then the salad, then fruit and cheese.....

And lastly the dessert!  We could not decide on a dessert so we made several.   Chocolate Mousse, Raspberry Macaroons, Salted Caramel Brownies, and Lemon Cream Petit fours!!...Okay, I got a little carried away.

Since we had so many desserts everyone went home with a few:)

2 comments:

  1. You are so talented! I love the sound of salted caramel brownies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious!! I hate that we missed out on the French fun and I know Chip is mad he didn't get a doggie bag :)

    ReplyDelete