Dec 1, 2015

Thanksgiving Week!

We have so much to be thankful for this year.  Most of all I am thankful for our healthy kids.  We have several sweet kids in our lives that have been very sick lately and it just breaks my heart.  Healthy and happy children is something I often take for granted and I shouldn't.
Since the kids didn't have any activities last week we had lots of free time to play!  I met up with their favorite twin friends at Discovery Place Kids!  Henry loves Ellie (their teacher often sends pics of them kissing at school!)  He brought her flowers and as you can see by the look on her face, she was pleased.
 Here is a group shot of them all!  I really can't express to you the love and bond these four have for each other.  I could watch them play and interact all day.  They see each other 5 days a week between school, their little gym class and ballet and they still want to see them more.
At one point in the day I heard loud giggles coming from inside the ambulance and when I peaked in this is what I found!
 We stopped by the new house a lot over the break too!  These kids love watching the ducks swim around in the pond.  The new house is coming along and we are on schedule to be in by Christmas!
 Our annual screaming with Santa pic is checked off the list:)
 On Wednesday Ryan really wanted to play golf so we started a new tradition.  Boys play golf and girls bake!  Graham had a blast!!!  They played 9 holes and can't wait to go again!
 Ryan said on one of the holes he was in the middle of his back swing when he heard a loud click and he looked at the golf cart and Graham had pushed the break and was rolling forward haha!!!

 I pulled up some pictures on Pinterest and let Ellie pick what she wanted to make.  Then we went to the store and the candy store to get all the ingredients and toppings needed.
Ellie loved counting and putting all the candy into bags at the candy store and then counting and placing them on the cupcakes at home!
 I see lots of baking in our future!  Perfect girls day.
I had recorded Great Thanksgiving Charlie Brown and we made a bed on the floor, made a fire and popped some popcorn!

 I know our nights of dates and movies and cooking are numbered with the big move coming up so we went all out Wednesday night (plus Ryan said we needed to expand our stomach for the big thanksgiving meal to come).
 Finally Thanksgiving Day arrived!  We watched the Macy Thanksgiving Day parade and watched all the turkey trot runners run by the house before heading to Ryan's parents house.  These two turkeys have lots of energy these days and won't sit still for a picture!
 Ellie is in her element in the kitchen.  She made a turkey cheese ball.

Pop and Ryan made a smoked turkey! 

 The kids spent the night at Mimi and Pop's house and Ryan and I went to a friends to watch the Panthers Game and got up to do some MAJOR black Friday shopping!  The only good thing about moving during the holidays is the sales!  We bought all our kitchen appliances, washer/dryer, tvs, new can lights for basement, vacuum cleaner, sound system, 4 smoke alarms, 3 new thermostats, some gifts for family and 2 blue ray players!  And saved a ton!  Best part is we didn't start at the first store until 9AM!
 After a lot of shopping we picked the kids up and headed to see my family!  I really wished they didn't live 3.5 hours away!  The kids love it at my parents.  They get lots and lots of attention and there are tons of toys to play with!
 My family is full of boys....no girls at all, so Ellie made sure to give them their share of girl!  BG (bonus grandma) bought some girl toys for her and Ellie immediately put all the accessories on and insisted on a tea party!

 Love my crazy loud family so much!
On Saturday we woke up and made a big breakfast and played for a while.  

Then Ryan and I left the kids at my parents and headed to the NC State vs UNC game.    My Bonus Mom takes great pics and even she had a hard time getting the twinkies to look at the camera!  
I love this pic because my kids have no clue how to use these ride on toys and here is Ellie sitting patiently waiting for Bobo to drive her around and Graham trying real hard to figure out how to get it started (pretty sure the battery was dead haha).
The Pack gave the game away in the first quarter, but we stayed until the end and did our part as fans cheering them on.  I really hate losing to Carolina, but happy to go home to two real happy kids!  I am always Thankful and feel so blessed, but glad that this time of year there is a day that allows you to reflect on your life and focus on the things that truly matter.  When we asked the kids what they were thankful for Ellie said "Dorothy, my purple shoes, Mommy, Daddy and Bobo" Graham said "My Mac truck, lighting McQueen, Henry and Caroline, and my Ellie".  Now it is back to packing and preparing for the move and the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment