Sep 8, 2016

First Day of School


The twinkies had their first day of 3's preschool today!  We are lucky to have their twin besties again this year in their class!  Still can't believe they let these 4 move up together, but very thankful!!
This year isn't all coloring and playing.  I love how organized the teachers are.  Their goal is to give the kids confidence and make them independent....I love both of those goals!
These two were excited this morning (although they are hard to get up and going after a lazy summer).  A sweet mom friend of mine helped me pose them and get a sweet happy pic!
We have been talking about school alot lately and the main concern was they wanted their same teachers from last year.  Ellie didn't understand why she couldn't stay with same teachers that she just adores!  But after a lot of explaining, they were ok since they would still be together.  They held hands the entire way to their class this am!
First thing they have to do in the morning now is find their name and take it off the board and put it in the "check in" bucket.
Then they have to hang up their bags and put lunch boxes away.  At this point I heard the teachers ask them to "wash the germs from home off your hands before playing in the class".  And then I was asked to leave haha!  I know school is part of growing up, but they just seem to be doing it too fast for me! This is the first year that I was the only one crying...I guess thats a good thing haha!
Looking forward to another great school year.

No comments:

Post a Comment