Feb 14, 2010

Our Lovely Weekend

More snow!  Even though it melted away very quickly we did get to play in the snow for a little while Saturday morning.  My Valentine drew this in the snow for me.

We celebrated Valentine's Day on Saturday because Ryan had to study all day today for his two tests this week.  On Friday I made our dessert.  I got my inspiration from these Little Debbie cakes.  I used to always find these in my lunch around this time of year as a little girl.  I saw them in the grocery store a few weeks ago and have not been able to stop thinking about them.   Although I used a boxed mix for the cake (Better Crocker makes awesome Gluten Free mixes), I did make my own cream filling and frosting.
I happen to have two personal size heart shaped pans.  I used them to make these cakes, cut them in half and spread on the cream filling.
 
  
I iced them with strawberry white chocolate icing.
  
Here is my attempt to make them look like the Little Debbie ones.
  
And here is what I did with the other half of the cake mix!
  
I used some conversation hearts to make a candle arrangement.
  
Here is our table right before dinner.  We made brie champagne fondue...it was amazing!
 
I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband and Valentine.   Wish this weekend did not go by so fast... Happy Valentine's Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment