Feb 2, 2010

Riley's 4th Birthday!

Hard to believe Riley is 4 years old!!  Not hard to believe because the time has flown by, but because she doesn't act like a four year old:)  When we walk her around the neighborhood we constantly have people ask "How old is your puppy?"  Or "Awww what a cute puppy."  We then reply..."She isn't a puppy, she is almost 4!"  I will be honest that we celebrated Riley's 1st birthday and have forgotten until a few weeks after the past 2 years.  For those of you that know me well, know I am NOT a dog person.  My husband however LOVES dogs.  So since I LOVE my husband I tolerate LIKE dogs.  Riley has taught me patience and love and for that I am very thankful.  Here she is 4 years ago.

She is still full of life, energy, and love for us. 

Well this year she certainly could not have had a better day.  She spent the weekend with her best buddy, Cody.  It snowed and she loves to run and eat snow!  When we returned home, we took her on several walks and played in our neighborhood dog park on Sunday.


We also gave her a special birthday treat!  The look on her face is priceless...I think she is saying "Stop taking my picture and let me eat that now!!!"
After a long and exciting day she passed out...What a great life!

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Riley! I like her "cake" :) Layla gets plain McDonalds hamburgers on her birthday, but her stomach isn't as sensitive as Rileys I hear :)

    ReplyDelete