Nov 30, 2014

Thanksgiving

It has been a fun and busy month!  New activities and adventures daily!!  The newest was our Thanksgiving travels!  I was the room mom at school for the month of November which means a special treat on Thanksgiving.  I just hate giving the kids cookies and cupcakes once a week- its always someones birthday or a holiday.  They are between 12-20 months so they don't need all that sugar.  So I decided to make turkey cups and fill there with fresh fruit!  Teachers said they kids loved it!
We went to my parents this year for Thanksgiving.  We usually do Thanksgiving in Charlotte, but we aren't going to be able to make it to my parents for Christmas so we decided to go and make the most out of our time with my family for Thanksgiving.  The kids had an absolute blast!  They have lots of people to play with and give them attention which is a win-win for all!!  Ellie loves dressing up these days!
Graham wrestled with the big boys all weekend!
On Thursday morning Graham helped me make a Pumpkin Crunch Cake and Ellie watched the Macy's Parade with me.  It is the first time in years I got to watch most of the parade and I loved it!

Then we headed to Wilson where my Bonus Mom's family lives.  They live on a farm with tons of land and TONS of activities!

Linda has a big garden and we ate a lot of food picked that day!  She let me take some collards and mustard greens home!  Nothing like farm-to-table fresh!
Linda and her little helper Graham.
They also have a huge chicken coop!  
Linda has her own labels for her eggs!
Here is Uncle Michael cooking our meal!  He is a chef so we were all real excited about the meal!
And lots of desserts of course.


Kids spent a lot of time in the play room!!!
And they loved the food!  Sweet Potato Casserole was a hit!  My poor kids never get sugar so they were in heaven!

After lunch we went on tractor rides, gator rides and horse rides!











What a fun Thanksgiving.  Memories were made and lots of food was consumed!
On Friday we went out to do a little shopping.  We didn't buy anything, but fun to watch all those crazy people out and about!
Graham tried on some cowboy boots- how cute is he?
We took them out to eat a burger and Ellie insisted on feeding him haha!
During naps Ryan and I took all the younger boys to hit some balls while my parents prepared dinner for another big crowd! 

On Friday night my Dad's sister came to dinner.  My Aunt Kathy and Uncle George are so much fun!

The kids are loving my Dad lately.  Especially Ellie!


Love a big family all gathered around one giant table!

Lots of wrestling after dinner with Papa George!

And a few more snuggles with G Dad before we headed home.

If she isn't being held by him she plays at his feet....so sweet!
On Saturday we jumped right from Thanksgiving to Christmas!  Can't wait to share more soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment