Dec 1, 2014

Oh Christmas Tree!

I got the house decorated for Christmas last week while the twinkies were in school.  When we got home from Thanksgiving at my parents all we had to do was the tree!  The Christmas tree is my favorite tradition each year.  We do not have a fancy tree.  All our ornaments are from travels and yearly memories.  I love reminiscing about all the memories we have made over the years with each ornament we hang.
These two had so much fun running around and helping us pick out the perfect tree!


This is what they did when I said "Stay there while we look at this tree." haha they crack me up!
We fond the perfect tree and Ellie wanted to "help" the men get it ready.
Have you ever seen trees so big????

We got home and put the twinkies down for a nap.  I put the lights and trimming on the tree and we watched the NCState vs UNC game....big win for the pack!  Then Ryan made a peppermint white russian for us to drink while we decorated the tree!
Here are some of our ornaments!  Love how they all tell a story and represent a moment in our lives together.
One tradition we carried on from Ryans family is every year each member of the family gets a new ornament while we decorate the tree.  Ellie got a lady bug because her nickname is bug.
Graham got a firetruck because he is obsessed!
Ryan and I got a Grove Park Inn and Kiawah ornament from our vacations this year.
Now time to hang the ornaments.


We let the kids hang a few and then they ate dinner and watched Ryan and I finish the ornaments.

After dinner and baths the Elfs came out!
Graham has named one Elsa and the other is still unnamed.  The boy was sporting a football jersey...I think he was excited the Pack won today too!
We had to go outside once it got dark to see the lights outside!
Growing up I used to love to lay under the tree and stare up at the lights....Ellie also likes this, but NOT Graham!

I also got the kids a mini tree for their room.

Ryan made us the most amazing dinner! Bison filets wrapped in bacon with truffle butter and cooked the collards we picked from Grandma Lindas garden on Thanksgiving!

 Here is our finished tree and my favorite ornament this year!  Ryan and I got this ornament 10 years ago when we got engaged in New York!  We are headed there in two weeks to celebrate and I can't wait!
 Cheers to starting the Christmas season off right!


No comments:

Post a Comment