Dec 1, 2011

Chairs Before and After!

I have to say I am soooo excited about this Before and After!  Our new house has a Formal Living Room and we have created a sitting area, but it needed a few more chairs.  I searched and searched on Craigslist and different consignment stores and finally found these....

I know they are huge eye sores.  They look like something my grandmother would have had in her house 20 years ago!  But I had high hopes for these guys!  Here is the ottoman we purchased...again off of Craigslist to go with them.
So before picking out fabric and having them reupholstered, I had to get rid of the cherry gloss wood finish.  I decided to go with a dry brush painting method.  I researched and watched a few You Tube Videos.  It was very easy to do and turned out just like I wanted!

Then I chose a checked two-toned blue Romo fabric.  I have been in love with this fabric for months and dying to find a place for it in our house:)  So Ryan bought me the fabric for my Birthday and I have been crossing my fingers that it all would come together and look like I had pictured it in my head:)  I have to say I am in love!
I now constantly find myself just walking by this room so I can peak at my chairs:)  Don't you love it when you come across a cheap find and turn it into something you love!?

3 comments:

  1. You have the best taste in decorating!!! I love everything about your house, and definitely these chairs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! you have such great style!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete