Dec 27, 2011

Christmas 2011

We are trying to catch up on sleep after traveling all over NC the past week. We enjoyed spending time with family and celebrating the Holidays.
First Christmas:
We love spending time with my little brothers.  This little guy says he is now "Ryans best friend".  Every time we go home they are always together:)
We needed to get out of the house one day and decided to go bowling...it has been forever since I have been bowling, but we had a blast and I got my new personal high score!  Ryan played one of the worst games he has ever played and he still beat me!
And back home Jake and I decorated Christmas cookies...I look forward to this tradition every year!
I didn't take a lot of pictures of everyone opening up gifts.....it happens very fast!  Here we are after presents....
Second Christmas:
Ryan and I have been looking forward to attending our new church for Christmas Eve service for several weeks now.  Ryan's parents and some neighbors joined us.  The service was geared towards families and children and kept very simple, but it was a great reminder of what Christmas is really about.  Then we headed to Ryan's family's Christmas.  My MIL and I love the Pioneer Woman and both watched her Christmas special and decided to cook the entire meal:)  The only difference was we used green beans not brussel sprouts.
I think the whiskey gravy was my favorite part!
We all must have been really good this year because there were lots of presents under the tree on Christmas morning:)  Ryan and grandma got coffee makers.
I got a some glasses in a really big box!
I know they say good things come in small packages, but in the case it came in a big package!!  After a huge meal and hours sitting around opening presents we ended the day with walking the dogs and a movie!
Hope you all had a great Christmas and enjoying the last few days of 2011!!

No comments:

Post a Comment