Oct 28, 2012

Our Outdoor Areas

We have been trying to do as much outside as possible lately.  We have had amazing weather for about 3 weeks now.  After checking the weather for next week we know its about to change.  The highs next week are in the 50's!  One of our favorite things to do is walk and eat outside!  When we bought our house it had a cute back patio with a veranda, but wasn't being used.  We decided to turn it into an outdoor dining area.
I knew from the beginning I really wanted an outdoor chandelier.  After searching for one I found they were all really expensive...so naturally I decided to make one myself!  I found an old cheap brass chandelier from an antique store, took the wiring out and spray painted it.  Then Ryan bought some rope and tied it up for me!
We also have two Adirondack chairs and a fire pit.  Ryan loves having his morning coffee out here and I love making a fire when its a little cool at night.
We really tried to maximize out outdoor areas.  We have a small covered porch at our back door.  There was already a ceiling fan there, but nothing else.   We hung a double swing that matches our chairs and dining area.  I love this swing!
And of course our front porch is ready for Halloween.  We bought 4 pumpkins this year...one to represent each member of our family.  I love how Ryan arranged them on our front porch...Daddy on the right and me and the twins on the left:)

1 comment: