Jun 15, 2014

Fathers Day!

Ryan is such an amazing dad that we celebrated Fathers Day all weekend long!  We had a great relaxing Friday night and Ryan made filet mignon!  Saturday was a family day until we left to go to the Elton John concert!  So Elton John isn't Ryan's favorite artist or anything, but we do like his music and figured we had a sitter and should go do something fun!  I am in complete awe of Elton John.  I mean he is 67 and literally jumped on top of the piano at one point and danced!  When Ryan and I first started dating in college we were at a dueling piano bar and heard Elton John's song "Your Song".  That soon became our song and that was the encore song of the night!  Seriously magical night!
We ran into my dear friend Corey and her closest family friend (who happens to be a mom of triplets!)  Corey is constantly telling us we remind her of each other so much she says we could be sisters.  I was finally able to meet sweet Katie after a few years of keeping up with her thru her blog and Corey.  She is an amazing mom and one of the absolutely sweetest people I have ever met!
Some of my favorite parts of the night were Sir Elton's piano solos....his fingers move so fast!!!!



On Sunday morning the kids and I gave Ryan one of his fathers day gifts.  The green part is Graham and Ellie's feet print and I turned them into golf greens!
We made a dip and served it on his new plate and played outside for hours!


One of the reasons I love Ryan so much is because he is such a kid at heart!

We decided to have a red neck car wash....Graham loved it!


They did this for a long time!!!

Friday during naps I made healthy popsicles- spinach, almond milk, mango and chia seeds.
G and E loved the ice cold popsicles on this hot summer day!


Ryan didn't want the healthy popsicles so I made him his favorite- Lavender Honey Ice Cream!
My sweet little helper!
I haven't been making ice cream as much the past year as I normally do because unless we ate it in the first 48 hours or less it was basically ruined by frost bite.  I recently found these containers and gave them to Ryan for fathers day!  They store the ice cream and keep it nice a fresh!
After naps we spent the rest of the day watching the US Open.   Luckily the kids behaved so Ryan could pay attention and sneak in a few more snuggles:)
I am beyond blessed to have such an amazing husband and daddy to my babies.  I pray they grow up and realize how lucky they are to have him as their dad.

1 comment: