May 12, 2015

Mother's Day!

What a great Mother's Day we had!  Beautiful weather and well behaved kids was all I really wanted and I got both!  This was a different Mother's Day since it is my first without my mom.  Although I thought of her a lot Sunday I also felt so loved and blessed to have my two precious children to celebrate with.  I can't help but think of all the women who want to be moms, moms who have lost children and children who have lost their moms.  Although for most Mother's Day is a day of pampering and relaxation it is also very hard day for others and we should all be mindful of that.
Ok so off my soap box now and on to my special day.  Graham and Ellie are lucky to have two amazing God Mothers so we started the celebration off with delivering flowers to their God Mothers.

On Sunday Ryan made us all breakfast- love having a hubby who can cook!

Then we played outside!  Ellie insisted on rain boots and a tutu to play in!


For lunch we headed to Dean and Deluca.

After naps we had our swim lesson and the sweet instructor had flowers for the kids to give their moms at the end of class.

We fed the kids and went on a walk and played outside some more.  This slide provides hours of entertainment for the twinkies.  They slide up and down and sideways and into each other and laugh the entire time!  While I drank wine and watched them play, Ryan made me yet another amazing meal on his new grill!

Like I said we didn't do much, but all I wanted to do was relax and spend some time with my favorite people.  Here is the adorable hands the kids gave me that they made at school...Best.School.Gift.Ever!  Happy Mother's Day to all you Mamas out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment