Aug 16, 2015

My Brothers Wedding

I have a very big family and one of my little brothers got married this past weekend.  I finally have a sister and am not as out numbered by all these boys!!!   My Bonus Mom did an outstanding job on the rehearsal dinner!  She captured the happy couple-to-be perfectly!



 The Dinner took place in a Barn with dried flowers and twinkle lights hanging from the ceiling.
 The Bar was set up in an old Silo!  I could not capture this well in a pic, but take my word for it...it was so neat.
 The couple met in Columbia, SC and both big, big, BIG South Carolina Gamecock fans.  The team and their colors were in every detail all weekend (I am still detoxing from Gamecock overload haha).
 I love the custom cake topper made to look like Matthew and Virginia!

 One of the Groomsmen was serving our country over seas and was not able to make it at the last minute....so naturally he sent a cut out of himself!  There were countless pictures and jokes about this all weekend.
 Me and my Bonus Mom! So thankful for her and her generous heart.
 All the groomsmen!
 Me and my little bro, can't believe he is married!!!
 My dad and his two daughters.  So happy to have Virginia in the family after being the only girl for so long!
After dinner we went into downtown Asheville to a brewery called Wicked Weed where they brew their own Gluten free beer!  
 The next morning we grabbed breakfast and Ryan and I went on a hike.



After our hike I treated myself to my three favorite treats, spice drops, snowcaps and cotton Candy grapes!  They are only available for a short time each year, but they are my absolute fav!!!!
 We showered and got dressed up and headed back to the venue for the main event!
The wedding took place outside under some old shady trees and this handsome guy handed out water and lemonade to all the guests as they arrived.
Here is the happy couple and all their sweet friends right after the "I do's".
 Then it was time to party!  My dad and I hit the photo booth early!
 The hubby joined in on the fun too!
 I love this man more than anything in the entire world.  Being at weddings always makes me think about how lucky I am to be married to him.
 Our Uncle cooked the food for the wedding which was out of the this world, but the late night french fries fried in 65 pounds of duck fat and homemade ketchup were my fav!
Here is Darlene and Uncle Mike!  Love them to pieces!  He used to have a restaurant in Asheville, but recently sold it and is focusing on a new opportunity and his underground supper club called The Blind Pig.
 I stole my brothers bow tie during a dance and still have it on in the pic with him haha!
 These kids are crazy!
 This morning we woke up early and got coffee and biscuits at Green Sage before coming home to pick up the kids and spend some quality time with them (also doing loads of laundry and unpacking from two back to back travels!)  Congrats to the happy couple and we wish you many years of wedded bliss!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment