Apr 11, 2016

Big Kid Beds!

About a month ago we transitioned the twins into big kid beds!  When decorating the rooms in our new house I had planned for them to sleep in their own rooms.  They have yet to spend a night apart! Ellie would much rather sleep in Grahams room in a blue bed than sleep alone in her room.  They have done great with this transition.  No one gets out of bed and they still nap....those were my main concerns for sure!  Graham actually sleeps longer at nap time in his bed, but he has gotten in trouble a few times for opening up the window blinds haha!  Other than the windows I can't complain!
 It was fun to be able to do a girl room and a boy room because up until now they had a gender neutral room.  I let him help decorate too.  He insisted giraffe still sleep in his room so I used somewhat of an animal theme in his room.
The beds were new, but a dark wood color so I had someone paint them along with the wooden safety rails.  
I am not a fan of the cheap mesh railings out there and love the way the wooden ones turned out. 
 I even switched out the closet knobs for these cute elephant ones I found at Anthropologie.
 I bought this unique shelf to go above his dresser.  It was a beast to hang, but worth it!
 Although this is Grahams big boy room, I still included some of his baby items.
 The twins love their pillows and blankets and think that they are so cool every night when we put them to bed.  They still stay up for 20 minutes chatting, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I will blog about Ellie's room later...Ill give you a hint...it is purple!  That girl loves the color purple!!

8 comments:

  1. So great!!! LOVE the beds! My favorite thing is the shelf! Share with us where you got it! Can't wait to see the purple room!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. shelf is from restoration hardware baby! they have several size options.

      Delete
  2. Graham's room looks great! Would you mind sharing where you found the buffalo check fabric? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! I got it from a store in Charlotte, but the brand is Pindler and Pindler!

      Delete
  3. I love the room and your decorating skills are impeccable! That shelf is a treasure. Looking forward to Ms E's room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I found your blog through some mutual friends. I grew up in CLT and this is actually my dad's twin brother's old house, so I have lots of fond memories, but have a similar decorating style so I love seeing all the gorgeous updates!! :) Where did you find the wooden bed rails? I have twin beds in my two-year-old's room (although we haven't transitioned him yet), but have ugly mesh rails and would love to get smaller wooden like yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a small world!!!! Love your home! Just peeked at your blog. We are loving our new home and just taking it one project at a time haha!!! I too was not a fan of the mesh rails! I ordered the Summer Infants wood convertible bed rails off amazon! Then had them painted same color as the beds. I am so happy with how they turned out!

      Delete
  5. I have read your blog it is very helpful for me. I want to say thanks to you. I have bookmark your site for future updates.
    most popular beds

    ReplyDelete