Oct 3, 2016

Busy, Busy Weekends

Not only have our weekends been full, our house is a hot mess.  I swear every single day there is a new issue.  We have had major electrical issues-which causes our internet to not work....which means no blogging.  We have also had MAJOR plumbing issues.  There is currently a 5 foot hole in my master bedroom ceiling.  Basically the guest bathroom, which is right above our master, was not done properly and now we are paying the price.  That is also the 1 bathroom we didn't plan to really redo.  Ahhhhh!  Now we have to completely rip up the guest bath and redo it along with all the crazy construction still going on outside!  I know this is just part of buying a fixer upper, but man when it rains it pours!  Luckily we have had a lot of fun activities to distract us lately!  Ryan played in a golf tournament near Figure 8 and we made a couples weekend out of it.  This group is my favorite to travel with.  There is never a dull moment and we have a blast!

The guys had three days of golf and the girls went on walks on the beach, shopped around Wilmington, got mani/pedis and just relaxed!
Sunday morning we left real early to make it back to Charlotte for the Panthers first home game.  We couldn't miss seeing Andy Lee in person!  We are so excited to have him home in Charlotte and playing for the Panthers!
 Last weekend I got away for a girls weekend with my bookclub girls.  We got dressed up the first night and went out to eat.
 Saturday morning we had coffee on the back deck overlooking the gorgeous lake and mountains.  Then we drove to hike Chimney rock.  This was not my thing...I hate working out....and this was basically 1 hour of straight up stairs!  I kept thinking if two pregnant girls can do it so can I...but seriously I barely made it.
The view was gorgeous, but next time I will take the elevator up!
 The waterfall trial was definitely more my speed!
 After the strenuous activities of the morning, we enjoyed a boat ride to lunch.
 After lunch we drove around the lake!

Then we lounged around in our pizza floats!
The best part about girls weekends is quality time catching up... and the food!  All my friends are amazing cooks!  Ashley made several delicious desserts, but this apple caramel with ice cream was my fav!

This past weekend we spent with the twins.  We have been gone so much and so busy during the weekends that we devoted the entire weekend to family time!  We took them to Disney on Ice Friday morning.  Ellie did not stop smiling and every time a new character or princess came out she would jump up and wave!
 Ryan got us amazing seats just a few rows up.
 My kids have never really been into Frozen, but Elsa's performance sparked a new love of the movie for Ellie.
 I didn't have any real expectations from Disney on Ice, but we were blown away by how into it the twins were!  Seeing all the characters from the shows and movies they love was just magical!


No comments:

Post a Comment