Mar 29, 2010

Shower for Baby Lee

My best friend Rachel had her first baby shower this weekend in Columbia, SC.  I made the long drive down there and went extra early so I could spend some time with the Lippard family and Rachel, while everyone else got ready for the shower.  Rachel and I talk almost every day, but don't get to see each other that often so I couldn't wait to give her and that tummy a big hug!!  Rachel and Andy have chosen to be surprised by the sex of the baby, but everyone has strong opinions on wether it is a boy or a girl.
You can see here that I am "team boy" and Rebecca (Rachel's twin) is "team girl".  Rachel stayed nuetral and wore a blue dress with pink flowers.  The shower was beautifully decorated with petit fours, a diaper cake, and pictures of Rachel when she was a baby.
Stefanie and Katie (Rachel's bonus sisters and both of our flower girls from our weddings) are really looking forward to being Aunts!

We played a few games including a song/lyrics game where all the songs had the word "baby" in them and you had to list the artist and song title...Rachel won that game of course!  Also the usual "guess how big Rachel's belly is" with a piece of string.  Katie (the youngest at the party) won and was the only one who was not too big.  Here is a picture of the other pregnant guest helping her measure for the winner.
Rachel looks amazing and is still so tiny!!!  I hope I look that great and can still wear high heels when I am that far along.  She got a lot of great presents included the boppy pillow, bumbo chair, clothes, monkey butt paste, a pack 'n play, car seat, spa gift cards and diaper bag.

Here is one of the presents I made with Andy's number on it...

It really is amazing seeing someone go through the precious journey of motherhood.  I love hearing all the new things happening and can not wait for Baby Lee to finally arrive!!  I only wish we lived closer and I could see her and Andy more often:) 

3 comments:

  1. AW! Seantel, thank you so much for everything you did for the baby shower! I appreciate you making the long trip SOOO much! it wouldn't have been the same without you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too sweet Seantel! Thanks for playing photographer too, I love all of the pictures! You're the best! Can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics! I enjoyed seeing you this weekend. You are the best "bonus" daughter!

    ReplyDelete