Mar 24, 2010

Warmer Weather

We have ALL enjoyed this warm weather the past two weeks.  We have been rolling down the windows in the car, taking walks around the lake, and eating dinner on the deck.  I have noticed that our dog Riley loves the sun too.  There is a window that shines light into our living room everyday.  It starts at about 10:00 and reaches the other side of the room around 3.  The funny part is Riley actually gets up every 20 minutes to move a foot to the right, so she can still lay in the direct sunlight...ok might not sound funny, but it really is.
On Sunday we went to the Farmers Market again and found mangos on sale and decided to create the entire dinner around them.  This is a simple, quick, and lite meal if you are entertaining or just making it for yourself.
I then put Ryan in charge of the chicken and I cut up the stuff for the salad.  I always toss the salad with the dressing, but put extra dressing on the table because Ryan usually wants a little more.  For the chicken all we did was coat it with the mustard and cook on the grill until done, easy but has a tone of flavor.
Ryan and I both have a sweet tooth so for dessert we continued the mango theme and got mango sorbet, shredded coconut and blueberries.
I am normally the person who makes a detailed list of the meals I am going to make with recipes before going to the store.  I have to say just showing up and seeing what was in season and creating a meal on the spot was really fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment