Dec 27, 2016

Christmas countdown

 Kids make Christmas and the Holiday season much more fun!  3.5 is such a fun age too!  The week before Christmas I tried to make every day a fun day to help us countdown!  We made green waffles and put "ornaments" on them for breakfast one day last week.


We made ginger bread men cookies. 


 Decorated our cookies on the porch!


 I made candied pecans and we delivered them to our neighbors.

Since Jared and Catherine would not be celebrating Christmas Day with us we celebrated early!

 Uncle Jared helped Bobo with his gingerbread house.

 The twins got to open a few presents.

 The twins had their last day of school and had a party to celebrate!
 I was in charge of teacher gifts so I got them blankets, a holiday flower arrangement and some gift cards mixed in!


 I love visiting school and seeing the kids so excited to show off their room, cubbies, art projects and they even sang some Christmas songs for the parents.
Unfortunately we also had some sick kiddos last week....this poor girl would cough all night long and there was not much dr could do.  One day they had us come in to try a breathing treatment.  It didn't work, but these two are so sweet and Bobo kept helping her hold the mask and held her hand the whole time.
 Next up on the Holiday fun, a party at the Club with Mimi and Pop.
 Decorated more cookies...
 Got balloon trees...and a horse and carriage ride which I don't have pictures from.
 These sweet girls requested baby Jesus and sang the man a song about it while he made their balloons.
And I have logged a lot of hours in the kitchen the past two weeks.  We have made countless cookies and chex mix.  Also lots of fun breakfast foods like these reindeer waffles.
 Another favorite was ranch crackers!
Twins have been busy learning their letters lately so I got this book J is for Jesus and we made beaded candy canes in the shape of the letter J.
I am not sure how I have any energy left after typing up this post....and I haven't even gotten to Christmas yet....

1 comment: