Dec 7, 2016

Gingerbread Houses!

We are loving the holiday season!  I have taken kids on a few dates lately.  They love talking about Christmas and ask a lot of questions!  Where does Jesus live?  Can we go to heaven on our next vacation?  How old is he?  Why do we all get presents on his birthday?  Love their sweet little hearts so much.  And seriously how cute are they??

 I hosted bookclub last week and luckily it was a beautiful night and we ate outside!

 We wanted to keep it easy this month with the holidays so we read Magnolia Story.  What a great story!  I just adore and truly admire Chip and Joanna.  I have always loved their show, but love them even more after reading their story.   I made several arrangements using magnolia leaves and also used them for place cards at the table!  For dinner I made tomato soup, salad and gorgonzola toast.
The twins also made their first gingerbread house at the club with Mrs. Claus!


 Ellie had lots of questions for her too....



 After we made the houses we ate lunch and then Mrs. Claus read books around the fire to the kids.  What a special event this was! Can't wait to continue this tradition every year.
 Here are the finished products.
 The tops were my favorite though.
Kids truly make the holidays!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hhhmmmm wonder where they get their creativity from??? LOL Love this

    ReplyDelete