Feb 11, 2011

Celebrations

This past week has been full of fun and celebrations!  First my roommate for three years in College, Page, got engaged and Ryan and I went to her engagement party Saturday night.  Page was there for me when I got engaged, at all my parties, showers, and most importantly helped along the way with all the decision making while I planned the event.  I could not be happier for her to have found someone to spend the rest of her life with and am so excited it is finally her time to be celebrated!!  She also has a blog where she helps you live a fabulous life for less, which you can find here.
Page has a wonderful group of girl friends and one of the things I admire most about her is she always makes time for them:)

Here is a shot of Page and I...
Page's parents gave the sweetest/funniest toast to Justin and Page during the party....cheers to the happy couple!!!
 The next day we drove to Clayton to celebrate my Dad's birthday!
My Bonus Mom made her amazing Lasagna (with rice noodles for me).  She made a hearty meat one and a veggie one since my dad is a vegetarian:)
I took several pictures of the meal and Zach kept asking if I would take a picture of his plate because it looks the best!  I guess my family is used to seeing me going around taking pictures of all of the food before we eat.  He sat patiently and kept turning his plate for me while I took the pictures...haha too funny what they pick up on!  So here you go:)
Even though my Bonus Mom made dinner tonight, Dad is usually the cook in the family, so we bought him lots of new cooking gear/gadgets.  The boys all crowded around to watch him open presents...I just thought this picture summed up the night well...

My dad kept saying this was the last birthday I would be at for him....my family thinks that since we are moving to Charlotte soon we will stop coming to these events.  Dad I will always celebrate your birthday, just next time you will have to put up with me for a least 24 hours and give me a bed to spend the night and not just dinner and a 4 hour visit:)  Happy Birthday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment