Sep 21, 2011

Nailed It!

There have been LOTS of DIY projects going on over the past couple weeks.  We decided to finally update our guest room...but with a limited budget.  I wanted to do something a little different, but again with a small budget.  So I started with the bed.  I didn't want to spend a lot of money on a new bed/headboard so I made my own.  I love the look of nailhead trim like this one from Williams-Sonoma Home...
.....but don't have $1000 to spend on a headboard. So we bought the supplies and we measured...
Then have your handyman cut the plywood to the right size...
Next I covered the plywood with quilted batting and stapled it....
Then cover it with your fabric and staple it to the back of the headboard....

Now for the nailhead trim.  I purchased the kit online...

Get your tools together....
Now for the hardest part, keeping the trim in a straight line.  I can tell there are places where it is not perfect, but hey thats what happens with DIY!

Then have your handyman attach 2 X 4's to the back of the headboard so you can attach it to the bed frame...
And voila!
I will be back soon with more DIY from our guest room!

No comments:

Post a Comment