Dec 15, 2011

Chicken Enchilada Casserole

When I go to the grocery store I am always looking for new products that are gluten free friendly.  I of course always buy them and immediately go home and figure out how to use them.  Recently I found a Progresso Soup that I used to make a Chicken Enchilada Casserole.  I turned out great!
Ingredients:
1 Can of Progresso Chicken Enchilada Soup
3/4 cup of Water
1 cup uncooked rice
1/2 tsp cumin
Pinch of Salt and Pepper
A few shakes of Franks Red Hot Sauce
1 can black beans- drained
1 bag frozen corn- we used roasted corn from Trader Joes
1 lb boneless skinless Chicken Breast
1 cup shredded Cheddar Cheese



Directions:
1.  Turn oven to 375.  Grease a casserole dish.
2. Combine soup, water, rice, cumin, salt, pepper, beans, corn and hot sauce in casserole dish.
3.  Top with raw chicken.  Cover and bake for 30 min (or until chicken is done).
4.  Now stir mixture around and on top of chicken.  Top with cheese and bake for another 5-10 min uncovered.

Now just enjoy:)  I also love making casseroles and crock pot recipes that do not require pre-cooking...just dump all ingredients and bake!

No comments:

Post a Comment