Nov 11, 2012

Celebrating 30 80's style!!

This past week has been one surprise after another!  I turned 30...which is obviously no surprise.  I am someone who doesn't mind surprises.  All week my husband surprised me with gifts, flowers, dinners and just when I thought it was all over SURPRISE!

Late Thursday night there was a knock at the door....when I opened it my best friend Rachel was standing there!!!  She flew all the way from California to celebrate my 30th:)  Ryan and Rachel had apparently been planning a party since this summer for me, 80's style!  Am I a lucky girl or what???
Sorry in advance for all the pictures, but I want to document every detail of this amazing night!!

Two specialty drinks: Bed of Roses and Livin on a Prayer.  Livin on a Prayer was a combination of Jim Bean and TAB!
Ryan found a bakery to make Gluten Free Cupcakes for me:) They had all sorts of 80's decor and candy, but my favorite...Slap Bracelets!!
Another favorite was my phone.  It was an 80's large phone, but it held my actual iPhone and functioned properly!  Also a blow up ghetto blaster that played an iPod!
Now for all the costumes!
I was dressed by Rachel (since I didn't have time to shop in advance) and Ryan was Phil Donahue. Some other guests included Madonna, Vanilla Ice, Maverick and Ice Man, Miami Vice and Marty McFly just to name a few!


Holly wore rollerblades...and didn't take them off all night!


Ryan Phil Donahue even sang Happy Birthday to me:)
And we danced to 80's music all night long!!!
What an amazing way to celebrate my the big 3-0!!!!  A big thank you to all of my friends and family that traveled to come help me celebrate and of course to the best husband and best friend a girl could ever ask for!!!!



1 comment:

  1. HAPPPPPPPY BIRTHDAY! Love the blog my dear! You look amazing. I miss you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete