Feb 16, 2013

POP and 2nd Trimester!

For Christmas I bought Ryan a popcorn maker.  We are trying to not eat processed bagged popcorn, but really miss having it so I thought this was the perfect solution.  We can now control the amount of butter and salt.  I have to say this is way better than any bagged microwave popcorn I have ever had!
And I too have now "Popped"!
Here is a comparison to me at 7 weeks and 7 months...

The second Trimester has been crazy!  I have kept busy and have by no means slowed down...although I probably should!  We traveled almost every weekend between the holidays, football games and mini vacations with friends.
The twins are doing amazing and continue to grow ahead of schedule.  They move constantly and we have even captured the movements on video.
Week 15: Wore maternity pants for the first time.  Also started experiencing heartburn:(
Week 17: Celebrated Thanksgiving.  I felt the babies move for the first time!
Week 18:
Ellie: Heartbeat 143.  This is probably my favorite ultra sound pic yet.  Ellie is waving at the camera:)

Graham: Heartbeat 149
Week 20: Ryan put the cribs together.  Its pretty cool to see two cribs in the nursery:)
Week 21: Celebrated Christmas.  The twins even got a few presents.  I feel like this is when I finally "popped" too.
Week 22:
Ellie: Heartbeat 141.  Another great ultra sound pic.  Graham kept kicking her during this appointment and you can see his foot right against her face in this picture...just a preview of whats to come I'm sure:)

Graham: Heartbeat 153
Week 23: We celebrated the New Year with friends at Kiawah Island.
Week 24:  Went to Atlanta Mart to shop for clothes for the twins at the "cash and carry" sale with Holly!  So fun to shop for matching boy and girl outfits!!
Weeks 25-27 were full of baby showers and football games and even traveling to New Orleans for the Super Bowl!
Week 26:  We had our first 3D ultrasound.  These took a while and didn't turn out great since they were moving so much and on top of each other.
Ellie: Heartbeat 127 and measuring around 2lbs 3oz
Graham: Heartbeat 147 and measuring 2lbs 6oz
Week 28:
Probably the worst part of my pregnancy...the gestational diabetes test.  I failed the 1 hour and had to take the long one....awful experience.  This drink (yuck)

...gave me the biggest sugar headache and sitting in the waiting room for 4 hours not allowed to eat or drink anything was the most uncomfortable thing.  I keep telling myself, if this is the worst part, then I have it pretty good:)  At least its over and I passed the second test and do NOT have gestational diabetes despite my huge sweet tooth!
This pregnancy is going by way too quickly.  Although we are both so anxious to meet our little ones, we still have a lot to do before they arrive!  Our goal is to make it to April 3rd so fingers crossed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment