Jan 19, 2015

Much needed girl time

I am just returning from an amazing weekend away with some of my favorite girls.  We traveled to Asheville and stayed in a house and the very top, top, top of a mountain with the most spectacular views!  It was pretty fun driving straight up and then like a roller coaster on the way down.  I don't get to see some of these girls often so it was such a special time with us all together under one roof!  We started the weekend with lunch and beers at Wicked Weed!  They had gf calamari and beer!


After lunch we went shopping and walking around downtown Asheville before heading back to the house.
 This was the view from our back porch.
Sweet Sarah brought a monogrammed wine glass for everyone!
 Then Traci and Sarah made a fire...a real one so we could make s'mores!
 Ashley was in charge of sweets and she really went all out!


Then we laughed and talked and played games until the early hours of the morning!  Perfect girls night!
 I made everyone acai bowls with homemade granola for breakfast.

 Another amazing view from our back porch.
 We went on a 2 hour hike.  This is not my normal way to kill time, but it was so nice to be outside getting fresh air and a little exercise.
 Lunch and more shopping occupied most of our day until I had to go home. Ryan doesn't get MLK day off so it was back to reality for me.  Even though Abby is headed back to Australia and Traci to Kentucky I can't believe we will all finally be back in Charlotte this summer for good!!!  I miss these girls already, but am so thankful for our time together.


1 comment:

  1. Such a fun weekend! I am already looking forward to our next girls trip!

    ReplyDelete