May 17, 2015

Wonderful Weekend!

Our weekends tend to be crazy, but full of fun!  I decided to document an entire weekend.  Ryan and I have a big couple weeks coming up and I know time is going to fly by so for today I wanted to slow down and take some time to document some of the fun!
Our week ended with a play date and yummy dinner!
The Carroll twins were so nice to invite us over to play.  Graham was obsessed with this motorized Lightening McQueen car.
 Emma Cate made everyone sand pizzas.
 And the kids could not get off these swings!!
Almost daily Ryan will give me a 10-15 min heads up of when he will be home and the kids and I wait for him outside.  Today they pushed the baby together while we waited.
 Ryan and I both enjoy cooking.  Tonight he had the main meal and I had the side.  He made burgers with avocado, tomato and bacon and I made this kale caprese salad...both amazing!
 We always give the kids a version of what we are eating.

 Ryan and I let the kids play outside and then put them down for bed and watched a movie.
The next morning we woke up and took them to a park to play and get some energy out!


 We stopped on the way for my current favorite drink, Iced Green Tea!

 For lunch we took the kids to Phat Burrito.  Great food and fun atmosphere! I am not a salad as your meal person, but the guy said this Mahi with pineapple mango slaw is a classic and always a crowd pleaser.  Combined with chips and dip it was perfect.

 These two monkeys love guacamole "moley".
 Ellie and Graham have been loving these stuffed animals and taking them in the car a lot lately.
 My weekends also always include these...To Do list!

 We are all loving Justin's Almond Butter- I caught Daddy and G eating out of the container!
 During naps on the weekends I love to cook.  Today I made Avocado Chocolate Pudding....
 Ranch Chicken kabobs and dipping sauce.  I did make several tweaks to this recipe to make it healthier.
 ...and two types of protein balls.  A Peanut Butter Version and a Berry Version. I added Mulberrys and used a freeze dried berry mix for the second one.  These are both a favorite and staple in our house!
 Once the kids woke up we played with some new lacrosse sticks I bought while running errands the day before.

Once 5:00 hit we were ready for a cocktail.  I recently found out how good Hendrick's Gin was so we picked some up and I made these delicious cocktails!

Coconut Gin and Tonic:
4 oz Hendricks Gin
4 oz Coconut Water
4 oz Tonic water
Splash of Lime
The Coconut Gin and Tonics are so refreshing and perfect for drinking while playing outside!  We have recently gotten in a habit of eating cheese as an app while cooking dinner.  Our kids love fancy cheese and salamis!
 Her faces crack me up!
 My Chicken Kabobs were nice and marinated and ready to throw on the grill!
 Cheers!
 Dinner time! And with this weather of course we ate outside!
 We served the kabobs with this healthy side dish.
 Do all kids love to dip as much as ours??
Since the twinkies ate so well we served them some of the pudding I made earlier.   This may sound gross since its mostly avocado, but I am telling you it is incredible!


 Why do I feel like all we do is eat???   We woke up Saturday morning and made one of our favorites, Acai bowls with homemade granola and fruit!
We played at home and had some of the protein balls and some iced coffee as a snack before Ryan and I left.


We got tickets with some friends to the Wells Fargo Championship.   It was such a beautiful and peaceful day!  Here is my favorite Phil!
 People always think it is so hard for me to eat gluten free, but you would be amazed!  They had Gluten free beer and BBQ Sandwiches and Nachos!
 Love a good day date with this guy.

There is a new pub in between two holes that we spent most of our time!   There is just something about a golf tournament- quiet, yet sometimes rowdy and just so much fun!
We went straight from the golf tournament to a low country boil cookout with friends.  This is the only pic I got because I was too busy catching up with friends!  By the time we got home Ryan and I paid the babysitter and went straight to bed!
 Sunday morning we played outside, went to Whole Foods and grilled out some lunch!

 G and E love the escalator cart ride at our Whole Foods....I just wish they had double carts!
 For lunch we made Chicken Avocado Burgers and this yummy summer Fruit Caprese Salad
Nap time and then swim lessons!  At swim lessons today we had "safety week" which means the kids fell in the pool with their clothes on and we helped turn them over and teach them how to float.  They also swam and floated in life vest for a while.  This is why they were in long sleeves and pants watching the class before them!
We are headed out of town in a few days so we decided to have "kitchen sink supper" where we use a ton of stuff in the fridge that we need to eat before it goes bad!  Popcorn, smoothies, hummus with veggies, fruit and a cheese plate were the main items!
The kids watched and patiently waited for the popcorn.
 Smoothie ingreidents!
 And here you have it! Kitchen Sink Supper!
 They would eat a few things and then come fill their bowls with the next item.
After about an hour of playing and grazing we roasted these absolutely ridiculously amazing marshmallows!
 They were as good as you would think! I mean marshmallow and toffee, yes please!
 Baths, wrestling and our favorite book before bed!
 This book is called the Napping House and the twinkies love love it!
And there it is, a full weekend of fun!  And now we have "A Napping House where everyone is sleeping"

1 comment:

  1. All of your recipes look so good and give me such great ideas for our own dinners so I'm so glad you share them! It looks like y'all had a wonderful weekend with lots of quality time together! :)

    ReplyDelete