Dec 24, 2015

Week before Christmas!

The week leading up to Christmas has been a blast!  The kids last day of school was last Wednesday and all the parents were invited to a party to celebrate!  The kids sang us a few songs, gave us some of their holiday art and we had a pizza party!
 Ellie wasn't interested in the pizza because there was not any meat on top, but she loved the reindeer water bottles!

 Later that night we invited Ryan's parents to our country club for a holiday party which included Santa and a sleigh ride!



 We have been trying to balance the Jesus and Santa in our house along with the gift giving verse receiving.  I decided to take the twins individually to buy gifts for each other.  We had long talks before about what they wanted to buy and that we were not buying something they wanted, but something each other would like.  Graham took this very seriously.  We ended up at 4 different stores and I think he ended up with the perfect gift!  Two purses for "My Ellie Bugga" which is what he calls here when he is being really sweet.  Fancy Pants is where he found the perfect purse and he could not decide on just one so we bought two.  I am a very frequent shopper there so the sweet ladies rolled out the red carpet for him and even pulled a chair up to the counter so he could pay and sign the receipt himself.
Then we went to the mall to go to the Disney Store because Ellie kept saying she wanted Sophie crown and earrings.  We searched the store and even went to a few other places in the mall until finally back at the Disney Store a sales lady asked him what he was looking for (I am sure she could see me losing patience because Graham kept saying "No Ellie not like that") So Graham explained exactly what he was looking for and she disappeared to the back of the store and came out with a Sophia box that included two crowns and tons of earring stickers.  I will never forget the smile on his face like he finally found the exact thing for his sister.  Of course on the way home he said he still needed something to put in the purses so he wanted to go to the local candy store and he got to pick out all the purple and pink candy to fill up the two purses.  I even let him help me wrap it!  
 After lunch and naps I took Ellie out.  She said she wanted to get Bobo Paw Patrol and a game.  We went to Target and within 5 minutes she had her gift and was ready to go do something else haha!  You have to love a girl who knows what she wants!  She loved wrapping the present and kept saying she wanted to color him a card.  Graham kept asking her what she bought and she would say "It a secret Bobo and you can't open it until Chripmas"  Growing up my family always purchased gifts for my brothers to give me.  Although I was very appreciative I would have rather them choose something themselves or at least be aware of what I was opening haha!  I have always bought my own gifts and really enjoy giving and anticipating the reaction to the perfect gift.  I hope I can pass on a little of this to my kids.
 This past week has been super warm for December.  I constantly lose the kids when Ryan is home and I can usually find them outside.
 We decided one afternoon to make a fun Christmas cocktail and take a walk around the pond to feed some ducks!



 This girl is the best.
 We have been cooking every meal at home and using our grill a lot now that we are in our new house and settled!  This may be one of Ellies fav meals...pork shoulder and corn bread!
 Last weekend our Supper Club went out to eat and ice skating.  This sounded fun leading up to the night and then I was kind of on the fence if I wanted to go or just stay at the bar we met out and keep drinking....we all got up and made our way to the rink and it was an absolute blast!
 There is never a dull moment with this group!!!
 Love this crew so much and so thankful for our years of friendship and many many years of traditions like this to come!
 The rest of the week has been rain, rain, rain and tons of playdates!  We have had 4 different playdates at our house this week!  Love being able to finally have a house and a playroom for friends to come play at!
 Every morning while I make breakfast Bobo and Ellie watch "All the daddy's go to work and doggies go potty" haha!
 On Monday morning while Graham was helping me open up the blinds in my room he said "Mommy do you think there are fish swimming in our yard?" I was very confused until I looked outside!!!!!
The pond and our yard had flooded!  This picture is after I had called Ryan and had a mini freak out so the water originally was over our fence!  Luckily it never came close to the house and neighbors said it drains fast and hasn't gotten this high in a very long time.  I now pay attention to flash flood warnings that pop up on my phone!  This was stressful for me, but pure entertainment for the kids.  We actually saw two beavers swim into our yard and start wrestling!

No comments:

Post a Comment