May 11, 2010

The Final Countdown!!!

The 1 Year countdown to Ryan finishing school is finally here!!  That's right, in 1 year Ryan will be a Dentist!!  I know a year may sound like a long time, but we have waited 5 years to get to this point and are finally seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  I can not tell you how unbelievably proud I am of Ryan.  Ryan is the most dedicated and motivated person I know.  He always gives 110% and its so rewarding to see his efforts paying off.  I constantly find myself bragging about him because even though he has so many accomplishments, he is extremely humble.  Ryan-I love you, am so proud of you and cannot wait to start making plans for our future!!!
Speaking of Ryan we celebrated his birthday in Charlotte this past weekend with a New Orleans/Spanish style dinner with his family.
The meal included Craw fish...which we had never had and loved (except for Miriam...not a big seafood eater).
Jared and Miriam made a paella....those two make a great team because it was soooo good.
After a huge success with the Fat Pants Cake for Jared's birthday, Ryan asked me to make a healthy version of German Chocolate Cake.  I used this recipe.  To my surprise it also turned out great (surprised because I am not a baker).  It actually got better each day...if you make a cake like this, make it the day before so the coconut layer can soak into the top of the cake.
We also celebrated Mothers Day with Miriam this past weekend.  Not only do I have a mom, but I have been so blessed to have two amazing extra women in my life over the past 7 years.  First, my bonus mom Michelle.  She stepped in my brothers life when they needed a mom the most and for that I am so grateful.  She has such a big heart to take on our large family and treat us all like her own.
The second is my MIL-Miriam.  Miriam and I do not have the typical Mother/Daughter-in-law relationship.  I have learned so much about how to cook, decorate/run a household, be a good wife, and most recently garden.  I am so thankful that God put these women in my life.
On Saturday Miriam and I celebrated Mothers Day by attending a DIY day at their church and took three classes...one stroke painting, cooking-pan searing technique, and cake decorating.  We both enjoyed the cake decorating class the most.  Here are our cakes...remember we are beginners! 
We kept joking that mine looked like a 4-year old birthday cake and hers looked like something they sell for $30 at Dean and Deluca
What a wonderful way to spend some one-on-one time with such a wonderful mother:)
Ok this is the longest post EVER...good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment