May 24, 2016

Ellie's First Recital

Ellie had her first ballet recital last weekend.  I grew up dancing (age 2.5-18) and always hoped I would have a daughter one day to share these memories with.  I signed Ellie up for ballet with no high expectations, but let me tell you she absolutely loves it!!!   The dress rehearsal was Friday and the girls did great!

 I have actually never seen some of these ballerinas dance as much as they did on stage!  And Ellie was in her element!


 There was one slow part of the dance and Ellie just twirled and twirled until her favorite part came.  My favorite part of the dance is when the girls say "stand up straight, concentrate, don't chew gum and don't be late.  You know what? You know what? I love my dancing school"
 Saturday we all sat together and watched our girl dance on stage once again!  No pictures or videos allowed at the actual recital so I am so thankful I was able to get so many at the practice.
 Bobo was so sweet and sat through the entire hour!
 He brought Ellie pink and purple flowers.
 This girl loves attention and she got lots of it.
 Uncle Jared, Aunt Catherine, Mimi, Daddy, Mommy, Pop and Bobo all there to support Ellie.
 Several of our good friends even came to watch (thanks Beth and Holly for the flowers!)
 After we rented a small pizza place to have a small celebration.  I got these adorable ballet slipper cookies for all the girls.
 And all the boys god dinosaurs!
 What a fun year of dance!  I have loved watching Ellie every week learn and grow.  I have already signed her up for ballet and tap next year!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how fun.....man I wished we lived closer I would be at their games, recitals, etc with bells on and beaming pride! Ellie was just precious as are the other ballerinas. Just another reason I am ever grateful for your precious blog. It allows me to love and feel as if I was apart of all from Texas. I really would love to come for a visit once you are prepared to have a house guest. I love you all boocoo much! May GOD continue to bless and keep you.

    ReplyDelete