May 3, 2016

Ellie's Purple room

All Ellie would say when I asked what she wanted in her room was PURPLE.  So that is where we started!  I found a buffalo checked purple fabric along with a colorful fun fabric and went to work. Overtime I would buy something for her room, like a dresser or bookshelf, she would reply "Thats not purple".  I had to explain to her everything could not be purple!!
 One of my favorite things in her room is this mirror above her dresser.  I reminds me of a pearl necklace!

 She (and Bobo) love this reading corner.

 Her curtains are white with a scalloped edge and a ball fringe that again looks like pearls.
She also has an amazing few from her french doors onto her own balcony.  I definitely see her sneaking out when she gets older haha!
 Her bed is from Pottery Barn kids and I love that they have the side safety rails to match!



 We found these ballet sketches on Etsy and I had them customize them to the color purple (she had only done pink before) and then we had them framed.  We still need some more art work for her walls, but for now these are perfect!
 This lamp on her side table is actually Ryan's Grandmothers that his mom had rewired for me and I got the shade and assembly done at a local lamp place.  I love that Ellie has something sentimental in her room.  She still needs some stuff for the walls and a rug, but for the most part it is done!
Although she doesn't sleep in her room (refuses to sleep without Bobo) she loves playing, taking a few naps and spending time in here.
Love this little girl and loved making her purple room dreams come true!

6 comments:

  1. Her room looks so great, you are doing a wonderful job with the new house! She's a girl after my own heart with her love of purple, my family would call me the "purple princess" growing up because everything had to be purple.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your house is so beautiful! This is such a sweet room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an eye for elegant and clean fresh looks - I love your style! And what beauty you bring to your family. I love you very much and admire the woman and mother you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Simple and beautiful! I adore it! Would love to know where you got the white curtains.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I designed them and had my talented seamstress make them a reality!

      Delete
  5. Well, I adore them! You have such an eye for decorating and I LOVE the purple buffalo plaid!

    ReplyDelete