May 29, 2018

Dancing Mary Poppins

 Once again Ellie was a little star on stage.  She is a natural born dancer!  This year she was able to do a big girl class, which suited her much better!  Ellie asks almost daily if it is Thursday (dance class day).  She has counted down the months, weeks and days until her big performance!  Their class danced to Jolly Holiday from the movie Mary Poppins. It was the cutest dance, music, costume and class!!! 


 I literally beam with pride when she is up on stage.  I also get so nervous right before she starts...I am such a stage mom already!
One thing I love is that the rehearsal is the day before and you can walk right up to the stage to watch, take pictures and film the dance.  One the actual recital day there are so many people it is impossible to get close and out of the question to get good videos.  The rehearsal is also a great time for people to come watch because it is 10 mins long compared to over an hour the next day.  Ellie's sweet preschool teacher and God Mother came to watch her rehearsal. 


 For her recital Ellie insisted we get dressed up and made me wear my "tutu". 
 Ellie has made so many good friends in her class, but was so excited to see our sweet neighbor before the show!
 Ellie had an instant friendship with Charlotte!  These two are so cute together and can't wait for them to be together at school next year!
Ellie was so happy and full of the joy throughout the entire year and I was just so proud of her up on stage doing her best and loving every minute.
Ryan was on a guys fishing trip, but made it back in time!  We knew he would, but Ellie wasn't sure until she saw him there!
 Mimi and Aunt Catherine came to watch too!
 So many of Ellie's sweet friends after the show looking adorable in their costumes.  She will actually be in class with these three next year!
 And Ellie's number one fan is still Bobo!  He could have gone up on stage and done the dance...or at least he could sing every word of the song!
We went home after her performance and got dressed up to go to Roosters (she loves their meat and cheese board and mussels).  
 As we were leaving the Ice Cream Truck came!
 I truly think that day was the best day of her life hah!
Now I need to sign her up for some dances classes or camps this summer because she will not stop twirling around the house!

3 comments:

  1. She is just so precious and I love how classy her costume was! Would you mind sharing where you got your outfit you wore at her recital? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl!! My "tutu" skirt (Embroidered Tulle Midi) and striped Splendid top are both from Anthropologie! Got a month ago so they should still have both and on sale! I usually wear the top with white jeans, but Ellie insisted I wear my "tutu" skirt to her dance recital!

      Delete
  2. Thank you so much! All of your clothes having me swooning lately!

    ReplyDelete