May 24, 2018

Mothers Day

This Mother's Day was the best and I have figured out the secret to a good Mother's Day!  The secret is to plan a day based on your families favorite things...not yours!  Then everyone is having fun so that you can sit back and relax and enjoy the day!  To start the day the kids made me granola blueberry waffles and bacon with a fancy coffee!
 I got a new beach cruiser and we went to test it out!


 After a fun family bike ride we went and got some fun water toys!

 These two had a blast running around in our new sprinker.  Ryan fished while I read a magazine...everybody wins!!!

 After a full day outside we showered the kids in the basement bathroom (they thought this was so fun) and then made homemade pizzas for dinner.
 A friend gave the twins Star Wars rolling pins for their birthday and we have loved using them.


 After some yummy pizza we ate popsicles in the boat!  It was seriously the perfect day!  When we were putting the kids to bed Ellie said "Mommy I love Mother's Day!"
 I also got to celebrate being these two sweet kiddos mommy!  They had Muffins with Mom celebration at school!
I got all kinds of sweet notes, pictures, a cookbook, songs and lots of snuggles.   My favorite was the questions and answers about me!  Why are kids so darn funny???
Bobo took me on a date to the Mother Son dance at our country club.  He was so excited to get dressed up and have one on one time with me. 
We invited our sweet friends, The Newcombs, to join us!
 The dance had a pirate theme and these two loved it!!!





 I had the best time dancing and stuffing our face with sweets all night long!!  We stayed so late both boys fell asleep on the drive home!
 Meanwhile their sisters had a double date with the Daddy's!


 I am so thankful for sweet friends and week long celebrations for simple things and big things, like being the Mommy to the best kids in the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment