Jul 22, 2010

Anniversary weekend in Charleston

Charleston was the perfect place for us to celebrate our 5 year anniversary weekend.  We started the weekend off with some antique shopping on King street and walking along the Battery and Rainbow Row.
I will have to say my husband is the best sport about shopping.  He quietly strolls around the store and lets me do my thing....how lucky am I?
We stayed at the Vendue Inn, which I would highly recommend if anyone is planning a trip to Charleston.  It was very quaint, wonderful service/staff, lots of amenities and affordable!  While staying there we got breakfast, happy hour wine and cheese in the formal dinning area, cookies and milk at night, and free use of bikes.  We took full advantage of it all.
For dinner the first night we went to Amen Street Raw Bar.  We then went to the water way and Ryan enjoyed a cigar while I enjoyed the cool breeze (it was really hot during the days).
On Saturday we woke up early and headed to Folly Beach.  We were not really impressed with the beach, but managed to relax for a few hours and soak up some rays.  For lunch we had my favorite meal on the trip...Taco Boy tacos.  If you are anywhere near Folly Beach you MUST go here.

Our last day we used the bikes at Vendue Inn and spent a few hours biking around.  We mostly went up and down the fancy streets off the beaten path, admiring the gorgeous houses.  My favorite part was all the large front porches.  I could just picture us hanging out drinking sweet tea if we had a front porch like that!

This was a great way to relax and recharge while spending some quality time together celebrating the last five years:)

1 comment:

  1. I like that cute dress you're wearing :) looks like y'all had a great time! I definitely want to go to Taco Boy!!

    ReplyDelete