Apr 5, 2011

DIY Furniture

At this time in our lives we can not really afford lots of new furniture.  This is hard for me because I want lots of new furniture....hmmm whats a girl to do?  Do It Yourself of course!  Here are two of my past projects.
China Cabinet that we got free from a family friend's garage.  It was old, outdated and not being used.  We sanded, stained, distressed and replaced the hardware.  I am so mad that I didn't take a before, but here is our china cabinet now!
Another success project...our chair.  We needed another place to sit in our living room, but again didn't want to spend alot of money.  Here is our Craig's List chair before...
After...

And my latest project.  After moving into our new townhouse in Charlotte we were in need of a kitchen table.  We searched and finally found a table at ReStore and 4 chairs at a Consignment store.
Here is the before...

I have to say I am SOOO happy with the way it turned out!  I did work for an entire week on this.  It took 7 coats of paint and 3 coats of polyurethane, but it was well worth it...and I saved LOTS of money!  Although this is paired with our China Cabinet now, they will eventually go in two separate rooms...the kitchen table in the kitchen and the China Cabinet in the dining room.  Don't they look good together for now though:) 

We are getting settled in Charlotte and I am looking forward to 1 month from now when we are both living here full time and Ryan is offically done with school!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome....
    another ideal for wood project at
    https://tinyurl.com/ya82rt83

    ReplyDelete