Sep 4, 2014

1st day of preschool!

It was a big week for the twinkies (and me).  They started preschool this week.  We have been anticipating this week for a while now!  On Tuesday we had Meet the Teacher day and today, Thursday, was our first official day of school!  Meet the teachers went great!  After a minor meltdown when we first arrived (school is in the same room as Sunday School which they HATE).  When they realized I wasn't leaving them they calmed down and played!







We prepared the twins for their big day by reading The Night Before Preschool.

And today they were all smiles before school!

I packed their lunch and bags for the day!
They held hands all the way to their class:)

We coordinated outfits with some of our sweet friends.  This pic just says T-R-O-U-B-L-E to me haha!

Both cried when I dropped them off.....ok not just cried, they screamed!  And then I cried....but  several sweet friends saw them happy and sent me pictures!
G looks like he is still not so sure about school, but at least there are no tears!
Overall I am so proud of them for being so brave the first day away from me.  Given how they act during Sunday School I consider just a few tears a huge success!!!  As hard as it was to leave them today I know that school is such a good and positive thing.  They will learn so much in school and meet so many friends as well as give me a chance to get a few things done without two little rascals needing my attention!

No comments:

Post a Comment