Sep 12, 2014

A is for Apple!

As if our last weekend wasn't busy enough.....Sunday was Apple picking and baking day!  It was a gorgeous day, especially after the brutally hot days prior!  G and E like apples and tractors so it was a good start to the day when we arrived at the farm and they saw a big tractor they could ride on and a ton of apple trees!  First stop on the tractor ride.....some farm animals!  They had pigs and goats in a cage running around and the twinkles loved watching them play.

Next stop...APPLES!   Graham thought it was so cool that he was allowed to touch the apples and pull them down.
Both ate an entire apple while Ryan and I filled up the rest of our bags.


Once we got home we made lots and lots of apple goodies.  I like to cook and bake, but not a fan of peeling dozens of apples!
Graham got up while I was still cooking so I let him color while I baked!
We made apple cinnamon muffins.....recipe here....I used GF flour and substituted coconut oil for butter to make healthier for twinkles to eat!
An apple pie....recipe here- again I made mine GF!
Ellie woke up and helped me make apple BBQ sauce and you can see the crock pot in the background making apple butter!

Kids colored some more, Ryan watched the Panthers game and I continued to cook!!  Everyone was happy!
The kids love it when something is in the oven and I turn the light on so they can watch it bake.
Here are 3 out of 4 creations!
I think the apple pie was our favorite, especially when you pair it with bourbon vanilla ice cream:)
The apple butter took over night to cook, but it was so easy and made so much I had to freeze some. Here is the recipe!
We used the apple BBQ sauce for ribs!  Yummo!!!
We made so many apple recipes we only had a few actual apples left to eat!  I would definitely make this a yearly tradition!

2 comments:

  1. Share your recipes please!! We go apple picking and I honestly don't know what to do with most of them so my mom makes apple butter and apple sauce that we give out as Christmas gifts. Apple muffins and apple pie sound so much better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Melissa! I just edited this post and added links to all four recipes for you!! Hope you love them as much as we did!!!

    ReplyDelete