Oct 12, 2014

Grove Park Inn

Last weekend Ryan and I got away for a long weekend stay at the Grove Park Inn...it was heaven!  The weather was just turning cool and we had the most relaxing weekend.  The first night we got in late and unpacked and headed down to watch the beautiful sunset, had some wine, listened to live music and eventually ate the most delicious steak out on the terrace overlooking the mountains!



The next morning we woke up really early and met our guide to go fly fishing!  Ryan has been several times, but it was my first time.  It will definitely not be my last though!!!
Got one!

My new favorite nail color is "take it outside".  A girl has to have a little glam while being outdoors!

Ryan caught 14 fish and I caught 6....but mine were bigger:)

About half way through the day it started pouring!  We did not stop fishing though and had a blast despite bing soaked!



After fishing all morning we were starving!  We headed to Salsas and crushed some amazing food!

Then we re-energized with our favorite coffee from Green Sage.
The Grove Park is truly a beautiful and historical place.


After showers and resting we stopped by Wicked Weed for a beer.  They brew their own Gluten Free beer, it was delicious!

After the beer we ate at my Bonus Mom's brothers restaurant (my Step Uncle) called Seven Sows.  The food is incredible and we ate our hearts out!  Octopus, fried chicken, beef tar tare and lots more!

Seven Sows has award winning fried chicken that Ryan devoured.


What a beautiful sunset as we finished our meal.
The next morning we spent at the spa.  I now know for sure I am not a spa person.  I know it is relaxing and all, but I got pretty bored after 30 min.   By lunch time I was ready for a change of scenery and starving....so we settled for burgers, fries and beers!
We spent Saturday night playing cards, sipping bubbly and watching a fire....pure bliss!
Outside we watched a beautiful sunset!

How did I get so lucky??  Love this man!
Here is the officially first fire of the season being started in the biggest fireplace I have ever seen!

Perfect!  Absolutely perfect!
We slept in til 8 on Sunday morning and then ate at Posana's.  Their entire restaurant is gluten free....bagels, biscuits, sticky buns...all gluten free!  So once again we ate way more than we should have!

By Sunday afternoon we missed the twinkies a ton so we headed home fully relaxed!  I can't wait to go back to the Grove Park Inn, it did not disappoint!

1 comment:

  1. this looks like such a GREAT trip!!!! I want to do this with jack!

    ReplyDelete