Jun 27, 2010

J and J's Wedding

We are currently recovering from a fun filled weekend!  Our good friends Jon and Jackie got marriend in my home town of Cary, NC.  Ryan was honored to be a part of the wedding:)  I have known Jon since he was in Elementary school and he also happened to be in Ryan's fraternity in college.  So not only was half of Delta Sig at this wedding, but also friends I have known since Middle school!
Friday was the rehersal dinner and it was held at The Pavilions at  the Angus Barn.  The night was perfect....well except for the fact that it was 110 degrees outside.

The Angus Barn is known for its delicous food....which we of course enjoyed!  We also got to meet the head chef, Walter Royal, who competed on the Food Network's Iron Chef Competition.
Jon is a big hunter, but we all thought it was weird that they used a deer head as a center piece...then we realized it was the grooms CAKE.  Amazing!!!
At the end of the night we went down by the water and made smores:)

The big day.....This is truly an amazing couple who has a tremendous amount of love for each other.  Jon's face melted every woman's heart in the church when he saw her walking down the isle.
 (No I didn't take this picture...I pulled it off facebook).
I have to say I have been to several wedding recpetions at PrestonWood Country Club, but have never been to a sit down dinner.....it was beautiful.  There were hydrandras spilling over the entire banquet hall.
The minute the band started playing the dance floor was full....and it stayed that way.  I don't think I have ever seen that many guests dance at a wedding before.  I only had my camera out for the last 45 minutes of the fun...which was after I played the tamberine with the band and after the first half of the limbo using the bridesmaids sashes.....so much fun!
Here is Ryan and I with the happy newlyweds.  For some reason my camera showed the time and date...can't figure out how to get that off the pic??
Congratulations Jon and Jackie.  We love you both and wish you a long happy marriage.

No comments:

Post a Comment